Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Keepers

by Charlie


I know it's only early in the season, but some time this season, the question will come up for almost every fantasy football owner: Who are my keepers?"

I've already started to tackle the issue with my own team (http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse?leagueId=429111&teamId=1&seasonId=2007) and selected Peyton Manning and Laurence Maroney as the first of my 4 keepers. Here are some other possibilities for keepers on my team:
-JaMarcus Russell: he's too good a player in college to not have at least one good season
-A.J. Hawk: A young line-backer with lots of potential
-Brady Quinn: The only question is will he start next year.
And now I have my top ten overall keepers, even though no one can keep all of these:

-Peyton Manning: still in his prime
-Vince Young: He's just warming up....
-Reggie Bush: Have you seen this guy play?!?
-Laurence Maroney: He's such a great RB, and he's still young
-A.J. Hawk: What I said above
-Frank Gore: He still has at least another year of domination
-Jay Cutler: Dubbed the next John Elway
-Joseph Adai: With defenses afraid of Manning, he'll have a lot of room to run
-Matt Leinart: he's taking a little longer than Young, but he's getting there.
-Alex Smith: same story as Leinart



Thanks for reading, and our week 1 Fantasy update is coming soon.

No comments: